Today, I'm presenting to you an interesting project from henrywhitaker3 on GitHub called Speedtest-Tracker. In few words, this is a self-hosted and always-on speed test solution.
It uses Ookla's Speedtest cli to exectue the speedtest and uses Chart.js to display awesome charts with the results. The application is developed with Laravel for the back-end and the front-end uses React.
Speedtest-Tracker is a Docker image, so we will use docker-compose as usual. Like TheLounge, the file is straight-forward, you need to map your configuration folder and that's it.
Please note the environment variable
OOKLA_EULA_GDPR=true which is mandatory to accept Ookla's EULA and privacy agreements in order to use this container.
- It runs a speedtest automatically every hour
- Charts to see the history of your speedtests
- Backup/restore any data in JSON or CSV format
- Notifications through Slack, Discord or Telegram
- Organizr integration
- healthchecks.io integration
- InfluxDB integration (currently v1 only, v2 is a WIP)
It doesn't work?
Some users have reported issues to accept the Ookla's EULA and privacy agreements. If you can't get any speedtest results, try this:
docker exec -it speedtest-tracker bashto get into the container
php /config/www/artisan speedtest:eulato force the acceptation
- Restart your container with
docker restart speedtest-tracker